GRC Technical Program Manager at Nordstrom
A GRC Technical Program Manager is part of a key team of Technology professionals managing technical programs that deliver significant business value to Nordstrom and its customers. The Technical Program Manager partners with internal stakeholders to develop, design, build and launch technology solutions. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement. This position works across department and functional lines on a variety of programs that range in scope, risk, and complexity.
As part of the Governance, Risk, and Compliance organization, this Technical Program Manager will support our Controls Assurance Team. This team focuses on helping the technology groups understand and meet security requirements in a way that drives efficiency, increases revenue, and makes Nordstrom a world class technology focused environment.
Do you have a passion for protecting companies from the latest security threats? Do you think about ways to foster continuous improvement in security controls? Join our team and be part of a company that is on the cutting edge of retail technology geared at getting consumers the products they love in a safe and secure environment.
A day in the life...
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and monitoring of internal control framework
- Drive security and technical process improvement efforts based on industry best practices
- Develop and drive timelines to support internal and external requirements
- Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure communication throughout the process
- Collaborate with technology partners to develop reporting capabilities utilizing metrics from the control framework
- Deliver accurate and timely reporting on the control framework to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to technology partners and senior leadership
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls, and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment, and review procedures
- Establish and maintain productive and respectful relationships with other internal business and technology teams
You own this if you have...
- 3+ years of program management experience in a security or IT compliance field
- Working knowledge of various regulatory and internal control frameworks (e.g. PCI DSS, COSO, HIPAA, CIS, NIST, ISO, etc.)
- Data management skills, including analysis, metrics, and reporting
- Ability to track and maintain multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong partnership and relationship development skills
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- High-level understanding of a broad range of security topics, such as networking, cloud security, secure software, cryptography; CISSP or equivalent is a plus
- Previous experience with security audits like PCI, SOX, SOC I is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrated equivalent knowledge
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.