Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We’ve also partnered with Arsenal.gg to offer streamers analytics to grow their audiences. We even license our technology to major game studios.
We’re ready to aggressively grow usage and market share in the explosive live video market. In this role you’ll ideate, lead and execute on projects that leverage data to increase product usage. You’ll collaborate with colleagues in product management, marketing and business development; your impact with show in marketing funnel metrics, product usage and revenue. And you’ll have a close partnership with engineers to help bring your ideas to life.
This is a technical role for a creative person who likes experiments + rapid iteration and is motivated by business success.
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years industry experience in a technical, data-intensive role related to marketing or product development
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in statistics, economics, math, physics or similar. Graduate degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in owning the full lifecycle of a successful analytics project -- you’ve gone from idea to analysis to decision to result.
- Ability to use a modern and collaborative analytics tool set such as: SQL, Python or R, notebook programming (e.g. Jupyter, Shiny), source control (Github), and a data visualization product or package.
- Ability to create useful data visualizations and dashboards
- Experience with experiment design and A/B test analysis
- A ‘good vibes’ teammate -- someone other people really want to work with.
We’re not looking for a unicorn but we are looking for a starter. We get really excited about people with some of the following...
Experience with user analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Segment.io or Mixpanel
- Experience creating and using engineering events, data or logs
- Familiarity with ad management and tracking platforms, such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics and Facebook
- Familiarity with a marketing automation platform (eg, Hubspot, Marketo, or similar)
- Expertise using or implementing analytics datastores or data pipelines such as Snowflake, Redshift, timescaleDB or Airflow.
- Experience analyzing email/push notification programs
- Ability or interest in writing and deploying production product code
- Experience with the web technology stack we use most (React, Node.js, MongoDB)
- Proven track record of learning new languages, tools or approaches
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. As we grow, we’re building a team with deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, MLG, HumbleBundle and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), video (OBS) and web scale technology (GoDaddy, AWS, Rackspace). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.
Read Full Job Description