Healthcare Consulting Manager (Life Sciences M&A) at West Monroe Partners
Healthcare Consulting Manager (Life Sciences M&A)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is hiring a Consulting Manager with prior consulting projec t management experience to join our Healthcare and Life Sciences practice, specifically leading our M&A efforts in the Life Sciences Sector. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering business and technology solutions in the healthcare industry to Life Sciences organizations specifically partnering with our clients to assess Mergers & Acquisitions or Private Equity activity around Systems (R&D, Manufacturing, Commercial) and Operations (Accounting, Sales, Billing, Client Services, Corporate). High-level familiarity with BioTech, Genomics, Medical Devices, Specialty Pharmacy, Regulatory and Compliance a plus.
What will you be doing?
Healthcare M&A Consultants will work as a key part of small deal teams on strategic M&A assessments along with our Mergers and Acquisitions Practice as well as support the building of consulting IT which may include:
* Strategic assessment tools to qualitatively evaluate functional technology and tech enablement of target organizations in the healthcare industry, as well as overall evaluation of strength and viability of existing and emergent business models relative to industry trends.
* Quantitative assessment tools the current state operations of healthcare companies in key domains (provider systems, payer systems, laboratory systems & clinical research, revenue cycle management & reimbursement, healthcare analytics, retail health, healthcare staffing) including the development of KPIs and benchmarks.
* Functional diligence assets to assess the business capabilities and operations of healthcare companies in key domains (Pharmacy, Specialty Rx, Revenue Cycle, value-based care, etc.) including the development of KPIs and benchmarks.
* Technology diligence frameworks to assess HIT vendors, integration and data architectures, and the need for future architecture investments.
Managers at West Monroe Partners must possess proven and repeatable experience in the three main areas of responsibility:
* Independently manage large, strategic engagements
* Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and Finance management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
* Mentor and manage teams of junior consultants to deliver project on time, on budget as well as QA work done by the team.
* Analyze each client's specific challenges, determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions
* On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and determine inter-dependencies between the WMP project and other initiatives
* Oversee the overall project, with ultimate responsibility for success or failure of the engagement, specifically focused on ensuring overall client satisfaction and quality of delivery and profitability of the engagement
* Conduct and document interim client satisfaction reviews with client sponsor and project manager
* Understand underlying relevant technologies to be able to direct the design, development, testing, and implementation of a technical project
* Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
* Drive the development/enhancement of the Healthcare Practice methodologies and approaches to client delivery
* Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
* Actively monitor employee development, performance management, and training; address employee engagement issues; engage office/practice leaders and human resources as appropriate
* Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
* Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Contribute ideas and expertise for go-to-market strategy; help execute business development campaigns
What do you need to bring to the table?
* Strong background working within the Life Sciences industry, specifically in the Technology and/or Operations division
* Prior consulting project leadership experience
* 7 + years of hands-on experience as a project manager leading business and technology strategy projects and full life-cycle software implementation projects
* Knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and technology transformation, custom design and development, database design, and data management
* Experience with healthcare-specific systems a plus
* Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
* Ability to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
* Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business people
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Ability to travel 60%+
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.