Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005–now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution to this problem, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn his simple idea into a robust platform and change the way people dine around the world.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of January 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $705 million in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
As an Implementation Associate, you will be the link between customers and the engineering team. You will largely be responsible for managing the software implementation process for onboarding a large number of customers on Tock’s platform. As an Implementation Associate, you will work with a roster of esteemed restaurants and large enterprise restaurant groups. The successful candidate has a proven track record of being detail-oriented, demonstrating good communication skills, translating business requirements into technical implementation for customers and managing the process from start to finish.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Experience in a customer service role is a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple requests
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic with a high level of professionalism
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL, Spreadsheets is preferred
What you’ll do
- Help customers onboard onto our platform and lend expertise in using our tools to set the customer up, copy their configuration and import their data.
- Organize the onboarding process with input from Implementation Engineers and Account Managers
- Work closely with the engineering team to test new feature releases
- Reproduce and troubleshoot software and data issues
- Collect product feedback and share findings across Tock product and engineering teams
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen and nitro coffee on tap
- Sunny office in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood
Please submit your resume and cover letter, letting us know why you're interested in Tock, using the link below.