CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
This new position will gather information about internal/external products our department is responsible for implementing or using, partner with various product teams, create/update documentation and communicate the information to rest of the team.
- Design, develop, and communicate process focused technical documents.
- Gather information about product needs, objectives, functions, features, and implementation requirements.
- Perform writing tasks for technical documents, such as user manuals, installation manuals, help documents, and tutorials.
- Requires effective planning, scheduling, researching, and writing skills.
- Analyze, define, and develop the organization's business process methods and practices.
- Assess requirements for internal business processes, ensuring compatibility with organizational strategic goals.
- Implement new processes, evaluate existing processes, and recommend optimal solutions and improvements.
- Collaborate/coordinate with the implementation team on new processes
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in a technical writing or business process analyst capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong process-oriented mindset
- Ability to work cross functionally to understand complex materials and capture in clear, concise and accessible documentation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking