The Implementation Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring a seamless & successful implementation for all executive-level client projects. The Implementation Project Manager will engage in the sales process to ensure they have a complete understanding of the client’s business challenges and will work out unique solutions to resolve those issues throughout the implementation. The Implementation Project Manager will act as a Project Manager for the entire implementation, including facilitating presentations and meetings for internal and client stakeholders on the status of the project as needed.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Cycle Responsibilities
- Participate in prospect calls and demonstrations as needed as a part of the ongoing sales process
- Partner with Sales in a discovery process that will inform contracting, creation of statement of work and implementation
- Communicate implementation methods and timelines from start to finish as a Paylocity client
- Speak to the value Implementation provides to the prospect during the installation process
- Statement of Work creation to clearly define and document the scope that implementation will perform for the client and allow sales to determine setup fees
- Document the implementation project plan to compliment the Statement of Work provided
- Responsible for the overall client relationship during the entirety of the implementation and is the primary point of contact for escalations
- Observe and document the operational workflow of current state client processes to provide consultative recommendations during the implementation process
- Identify HR opportunities and efficiencies that can be solved with Paylocity products or HCM solutions
- Facilitate weekly touchpoint calls with the client
- Facilitate quality assurance meetings during the implementation to ensure application configuration is correct, all quality risks or defects are resolved, the project is progressing on-time and the business problem identified during the sales cycle is being solved
- Responsible for providing onsite services as needed.
- Ownership of steering committee meetings with key client stakeholders or decision-makers to update them on the progress of our implementation, raise any issues or risks to their attention and discuss proposed mitigation strategies to ensure the success of the implementation
Position can require an employee to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Preferred 5-7 years of experience in a payroll service bureau, benefits center or as a payroll/HR/Benefits Administrator
- Advanced project management skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including advanced in Excel concepts such as Vlookup, ASAP utilities, formulas and calculations
- Knowledgeable of payroll-related legislative requirements (taxes, withholding orders, etc.)