Implementation Project Manager at Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
As the Strategic Project Manager and a key member of the Compliance department, your primary responsibilities are supporting the development and implementation of an enhanced regulatory change management process to ensure that Guaranteed Rate maintains compliance with all new state and federal rules and regulations and GSE, HUD, VA, Ginnie Mae, and USDA requirements. The Change Management Compliance Officer will coordinate reviews of new and changed legal and regulatory requirements and ensure Guaranteed Rate is maintaining an effective policies and procedure to mitigate compliance risk.
- Supporting process design and implementation of an enhanced regulatory change management process to maintain an effective compliance risk management program.
- Coordinating review of legal and regulatory changes to support regulatory change management process associated with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Providing reporting to management and risk committees.
- Maintaining databases and records to demonstrate an effective process to identify key requirements.
- Conducting impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Supporting the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Providing input, document requirements, policy and procedure updates, and delivery of training programs.
- Tracking completion of action items related to regulatory exam findings and resolutions.
- Monitoring and update state and federal disclosures.
- Drafting, reviewing, and amend compliance and operational policies, procedures, and manuals.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in a mortgage lending environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.
- Possess strong analytical skills and demonstrate ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, draw conclusions, and solve problems.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple priorities in an always-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision, but also to work closely with other team members.
- Ability to innovate and think outside of the box to enhance the Compliance Team.
- Prior knowledge of mortgage banking regulations preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Encompass (or other LOS) preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.