Implementation Specialist (Click to Pay) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for onboarding new participants and providing operational support to issuers, acquirers, processors, and network to network partners.
This position will provide operational business support for internal and external partners: project management and leading partner on-boarding, training partners on our tools and systems, leading the implementation of new strategic work, production and technical support and delivery of reporting and analytic needs internally and externally.
- Provides support to acquirers, network-to-network partners, issuers, and processors. Researches complex situations and supports participants with operations.
- Manages unique and complex partners that have strategic importance to the network
- Supports business development teams to expand acceptance. Onboards new franchises, issuers, acquirers, processors, and software vendors on the network. Assists with contract negotiations and due diligence.
- Supports participants through the semi-annual release process. Manages and coordinates certification. Ensures participants are in compliance with operating rules and regulations. Engages participants to support network initiatives.
- Analyzes end-to-end transaction processing, troubleshoots issues and acceptance complaints, and supports issuer launches.
- Mentors team members. Executes department initiatives. Leads the department to ensure processes and projects are well documented to meet auditing requirements.
- Seeks opportunities for improvement within the department including providing guidance and support on client impacting issues, offering a holistic approach to solve across multiple clients or the product as a whole.
- Leads strategic department projects, supporting other company projects and initiatives.
- Serves as subject matter expert on Secure Remote Commerce / Click to Pay product as it applies to internal systems, tools and partners.
- Engagement and awareness of product evolvement in the payments ecosystem.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Tech, or Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Business, Tech, or Engineering
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Finance, Business, Tech, or Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Strong leadership skills
- 3+ years as an AE, or equivalent experience in the payments industry with an operations focus
- Ability to manage multiple complex partner relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to consistently demonstrate Discover leadership behaviors
- Demonstrate heightened technical aptitude with ability to recommend solutions to internal and external partners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.