Connected Benefits, a division of GoHealth, is a group insurance brokerage that offers employee benefits consulting and a seamless benefits administration portal solution. We are a national insurance agency built entirely on the cloud. Our team digitally markets, sells, and services employers and their workforce by providing a full array of insurance products and employee benefits support services coast-to-coast. The benefits administration portal enables brokers to help employers establish employee benefit packages; implement benefits quickly and accurately; allows HR administrators to manage employees and conduct ongoing employee benefits administration; and offers up an “All of your HR, in one place” experience with additional HR features.
The Implementation Specialist will be responsible for the successful installation of new and renewal groups. This person is responsible for managing the client lifecycle from Sales/Account Management sold or renewed client handoff through successful installation at the carrier level. The main objective of the Implementation Specialist is to drive the implementation process for all clients through the following work streams: benefits administration portal building and end-user testing, carrier paperwork and requirements, open enrollment planning, employee enrollment, carrier submission, and post installation client communication.
Manage multiple tasks and handle all new and renewal implementations simultaneously for our Small Group Insurance clientele. Implementation Specialist activities will include but are not limited to:
- Interfacing with clients and effectively communicating implementation timeline and expectations.
- Gathering, preparing, and communicating client specific required documents needed for successful implementation (benefits administration portal census, carrier applications and additional required documentation).
- Assisting clients with carrier applications and gathering additional required documentation needed.
- Building and configuring client online benefits administration portals.
- End-user testing of portals built and configured by peers.
- Launching open enrollment window and effectively communicating the open enrollment experience to client.
- Working with internal teams to ensure all eligible employees have on-boarded onto benefits administration portal and made benefit elections.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on the benefits administration portal to effectively develop, update and deliver system training and demonstrations to end users when they're initially on boarded as clients.
- Reviewing and auditing completed carrier applications and additional required documentation received by client.
- Initiating the carrier submission process and managing the submission until carrier approval is received.
- Becoming fully knowledgeable of all carrier requirements to ensure high quality submissions are being produced.
- Adhering to client and partnership Service Level Agreements as outlined by leadership.
- Uncovering key carrier/partner contacts and developing working relationships.
- Working with internal teams on escalated implementation issues and see through to resolution.
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in Health Insurance industry focusing on Employee Benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage.
- Active Health Insurance Producer license in IL and/or experience working with small group health insurance clientele considered a strong plus.
- Technically savvy with proficient experience in benefit administration software.
- Experience with Salesforce or other related CRM tools.
- Strong knowledge of SaaS software solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both internally (teammates) and with external contacts (carriers, vendors, clients, etc.).
- Ability to thrive and maintain focus in a fast-paced, technology-based environment; flexibility and adaptability (processes may change; you must be able to change with them).
- Oral and written presentation skills are a must.
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer