BE EMPOWERED & INSPIRED
We create an inclusive and diverse work environment because different perspectives result in the best ideas.
The Product Support & Logistics Division currently has an opening for an Import Manager in Peoria, IL.
As an Import Manager in Caterpillar’s Trade Compliance Operations Team, you will have an opportunity to manage staff responsible for US duty management & recovery programs, US import compliance audits, and US Customs compliance operations.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing and supervising staff responsible for duty management programs (drawback, reconciliation, GSP, etc), ISA program audits, US Customs Inquiries and post entry processes.
- Acting as primary Trade Operations contact for US Customs inquiries & coordinating responses with the internal Trade Center of Excellence.
- Managing 3rd party providers for services related to scope of responsibility.
- Working with internal business partners to determine duty reduction opportunities.
- Coordinating with internal accounting teams to facilitate proper distribution of recovered duties.
- Providing guidance on related IT/system enhancements.
- Monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates as well as training, developing and mentoring.
- Managing personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates.
- Reporting metrics & performance to management.
- Running performance/process improvement projects.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- 5 or more years US Customs compliance experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions
- Strong communication skills and comfort presenting to internal business managers, 3rd party management and US Customs Officials
- Licensed US Customs Broker
- Experience with duty management programs
- Strong Analytical Skills (Microsoft Office: Excel, Access, Word & PowerPoint)
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
For more information, visit caterpillar.com. To connect with us on social media, visit caterpillar.com/social-media.