Infrastructure Consultant (Recovery)
Infrastructure Consultant (Recovery)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries.
Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
What are we looking for?
West Monroe is seeking architects to join our Incident Response and Recovery team. As part of this work, we are assisting clients that are experiencing a malware, ransomware, or other security incident, and are often experiencing a complete business outage. We are looking for candidates with proven experience planning, designing, and deploying core infrastructure technologies on very short timelines. This position requires a candidate that can rapidly come up to speed in a dynamic environment, understand critical client needs, and provide a broad set of platform or network architecture capabilities to assist with architecting, implementing, and migrating to a new environment, with the goal of recovering business operations. Client range from small to enterprise sized companies.
What will you be doing?
* Rapidly deploying to a client site or sites during or in the aftermath of a major security incident
* Assessing current state of the client environment, including rapidly understanding critical business processes, what’s needed to restore operations, and gathering and defining business and technology requirements
* Work directly with client and WMP consultants to evaluate, recommend, and implement new processes and technologies, or recover existing systems, to allow the client to resume technical and business functions
* Hands on engineering, configuration, and recovery of on-premises and cloud infrastructures
* Leading a team of 2-4 or more additional recovery consultants
* Communicating with WMP and client project management, as well as client executives to provide status and other updates
Desired Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 5 years total experience and 3+ years in an infrastructure architecture role in areas such as networking, hosting, virtualization, storage, server platforms, tools, and application platforms
* Hands on implementation experience with multiple of the following: Azure, AWS, Windows Server, Active Directory, server and workstation deployment tools (Microsoft Configuration Manager, MDT, WDS, etc), server and workstation management tools, Office 365
* Strong communication and project management skills in fast paced, dynamic environments
* Small team leadership skills and the ability to “plug in” to vary roles based on client needs
* The ability to travel on very short notice domestically and internationally, and the ability to travel up to 75%.
* The ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and overnights, in exchange for schedule flexibility when not actively responding to a client incident
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.