RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Innovation Manager: The Research and Development (R&D) team’s mission and vision is to develop and commercialize, market leading, nutrient dense, appetite appealing, impactful, quality foods through ground-breaking customer centric ideas, executed with integrity, excellence and passion for the craft. They are crucial in continuing to nurture and elevate our innovation and customer-focused culture within R&D and throughout the organization by spearheading front-end new product and process forms for existing and future brands.
The Innovation Manager will work directly with the VP of R&D and serve as the R&D lead for medium and long-term projects within the commercialization team. Our ideal candidate is creative, an innovator, forward thinker, organized and is able to collaborate across functions. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone with a passion for food products and a desire to directly impact growth in the business.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Be a thought leader in disruptive product development; serve as the innovation ambassador for the R&D team
- Connecting the Dots: Develop competitively advantaged products by translating trends, unmet consumer needs, category and competitive activity, through existing and emerging technologies and manufacturing capabilities
- Forward Looking: Lead early product development and concept creation for new products forms pipeline
- Project Management: Develop/validate tools to improve innovation project execution process
- Partner with other R&D functions: Research/Product Development, Supply Chain, Finance, Sales and Marketing to provide judgment and technical expertise to assure that an appropriate level of technical discipline is employed in early-stage business decisions
- Partner with Marketing and Category Insights team to facilitate internal ideation and innovation sessions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Food Science, or related Life Sciences field required; Graduate degree preferred (M.S. / PhD)
- At least 4+ years of industry experience in a process or commercialization innovation role required
- Experience in leading and developing a Design Thinking environment
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player: desire to contribute to a creative, fast-working, autonomous and driven development team
- Always pursues excellence
- Passion for food business
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.