INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (ISR) PROGRAM MANAGER at Caterpillar
Inside Sales Representative (ISR) Program Manager
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Construction Industries Services Division (CISD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent, and money because they drive value for our customers, our company, and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join CISD.
Design, lead, facilitate, consult, and serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with broad responsibility for solutions that expand the Dealers’ parts and service sales capacity and capabilities, and directly contribute to double-digit aftermarket parts and services growth via Dealer Internal Sales Representatives and Over-the-Counter sales channels. Develop and implement Dealer Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) and Over the Counter (OTC) personnel programs and leverage physical and digital channels to create awareness and engagement with Retail Customers. New and existing processes need to be implemented or improved with metrics to support key imperatives and strategy development to achieve the CISD Retail Aftermarket goal of double-digit services growth. This role is a key interface between the CISD Retail Sales Support teams, CI Retail team, CISD Marketing, Distribution Services Division, and relevant suppliers.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
Geographical Responsibility: Global
Metrics and measures:
- Retail Sales-to-Users Growth % vs. Last Year
- Retail Customer Activation % Growth vs. Last Year
- Retail Customer Average Spend % Growth vs. Last Year
- Retail PSE $ Won j- Sales & Marketing
- # of CI Aftermarket ISRs / OTC personnel at Priority Dealers (70 Dealers Globally)
- ISR Sales Contest Growth % - Participating Dealers & Sales-to-Users
- % of Retail Customers with Full Contact Quality Index (CQI) Data, Marketing Consent & Validated Assets
The incumbent has sufficient knowledge, recognition, and expertise to positively influence and educate all levels responsible prior to program launch and through the life cycle.
The incumbent manages complex global cross-divisional projects to maximize sales and development. This position positively impacts existing processes that drive sales (ISR, training, etc.) or develops new processes. Individual leads and influences major initiatives to set the division.
Decisions or recommendations resulting from the projects managed by the incumbent have significant impact sales worldwide. The incumbent will be responsible to gather data, conduct interviews and provide input for the division on market trends, customer needs and best practices.
This position acts as an advisor or consultant to senior management. External contacts include various regional contacts and customers on a worldwide basis.
The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review many possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and can require the incumbent to develop in-depth solutions. The incumbent is free to determine the best way to complete job assignments to achieve desired results. Work is reviewed after completion, except in the most complex or high impact situations. Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Continuous Improvement, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, Cost Savings, Process Quality, etc. The position works to develop innovative processes or methods to best use resources or technology in meeting goals
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Develop profile of successful ISR / OTC personnel and staffing model based on Dealer parts sales opportunity in the Retail Customer channel
- Assist Dealers in recruiting and hiring high quality candidates for ISR and OTC positions.
- Develop OTC/ISR performance metrics, monitor performance, and implement corrective action plans
- Leverage existing resources to develop and provide training programs for ISR / OTC personnel, in accordance with Dealer Retail Services Growth Plan.
- Activate, through ISR / OTC, the defined marketing programs with the Retail Teams to achieve CISD Retail Services growth plans & volume targets, POPS-C objectives, and net price realization regionally/globally.
- Ensure the ISRs / OTC sales representatives maintain data completeness, accuracy, and relevancy, including updated equipment populations and contact information
- Stay current with and communicate information on all major competitors / industry benchmarks to ISR / OTC personnel.
- Maintain deep understanding of industry key competitors’ parts counter merchandising strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Make recommendations around parts and service merchandising models (point of purchase).
- Direct agency resources to deliver programs to scope and budget
- Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned
- College or university degree or 10+ years of previous experience managing a team in sales
- 5+ years of experience in distribution, aftermarket, or construction industry
- Experience with managing 3 – 5 complex projects at a time
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Extensive knowledge of company products/applications and dealer operations
- Strong communication skills and Change Management
- Knowledge in strategy development and business acumen
- Strong leadership skills to work with people from many different backgrounds, cultures, and levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit
- Strong listening and communication skills essential to convey the value to execute and sustain the changes.
- Self-starter with excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Chicago, IL; Cary, NC; or Miami, FL are the locations for this role
- Relocation assistance is available on a case by case basis depending upon location, offices, etc
- Travel can be up to 50% for this role depending upon location
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world. Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Relocation is available for this position.