IT Project Manager Sr at Walgreens
Responsible for managing multiple projects, creating, monitoring and updating detailed project plans. Directs the planning, analysis design and ensures satisfaction of project requirements.
• Manages multiple projects, participate in team members formal assessments.
• Creates, monitors, and updates a detailed project plan. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, including recruitment/assignment of personnel.
• Provides organization and strategic direction to a team and is responsible for the project development, budget and schedule. Establishes goals, negotiates project commitments and develops project plans.
• Reviews and approves the project scope definition. Coordinate development and approval of the business and technical requirements documents.
• Coordinates the formulation and definition of technical scope and goals in collaboration with technical subject matter experienced professionals.
• Manages the resolution of issues that may not have an established precedence.
• Represents the company with contractors, suppliers, customers, departments, and other parties as preferred.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget. Adjust s the project plan, activities, and schedule as preferred.
• Monitors, measures, and reports on project progress to organization and clients.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in IT with IT project organization experience or High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in IT with IT project organization experience.
• At least 2 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project organization approach, organization plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
• At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.
• Experience in managing a project budget between $1MM and $5MM.
• Knowledge of project organization best practices and/or project methodologies.
• Advanced level experience (reorganizing large or complex projects into excellent and subprojects, optimizing resource assignments across projects, tracking schedules for completeness and budget on complex, connecting project managers, teams and data across the organization) with organization tools, such as MS Project or Proworkflow.
• Advanced level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: adding developer tab, creating a macro, formatting table style, inserting comments and/or creating a mail merge).
• Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
• Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
• At least 1 year of direct stakeholder, indirect stakeholder and/or cross-functional team stakeholder.
• Willing to travel up to/at least (choose one) 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT/CS
• Knowledge of COBIT, Planview, and ITIL.
• Knowledge of waterfall and/or agile project methodologies.
• At least 5 years of experience developing project plans including a project plan that includes the charter, scope, project organization approach, organization plans, statement of work, cost estimates, schedule.
• At least 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams and staff of all levels.