IT Project Manager
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Slalom Chicago is seeking an experienced Project Manager with a strong consulting background to join its dynamic team. Successful candidates should demonstrate leadership and flexibility, as well as the ability to build rapport with clients, team members, managers, and senior executives. The individual in this role must be able to deftly apply skills and methodology to manage others, proactively mitigate risks, resolve issues, and escalate projects when appropriate.
Slalom’s Project Managers work across multiple disciplines and industries, and must be able to understand their clients’ businesses and build credibility quickly. Typical project areas include: leading process or system improvements; custom and packaged system development and implementation; vendor selection; product definition, development, and launch; custom development; and web enablement.
Job Title: Business Advisory Services Consultant
- Understand the client’s business challenges to design effective solutions that address the people, process, technology, and data needs of our clients to achieve their desired outcomes.
- Create and execute improvement plans adapted to the client environment
- Work with clients to define scope, solutions, define requirements, develop an executable plan, and identify resource needs, timelines, and costs.
- As required; manage scope, requirements, resources, time, cost, quality, risks, and communications for delivery projects
- Mentor clients, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of less experienced consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery
- Work in multiple disciplines across industries and build client knowledge and credibility quickly (projects vary in length, lasting anywhere from a few weeks to several months)
- Design and conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Proactively manage risk and influence others
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address concerns
- 5+ years of experience leading projects in a consulting environment
- Full lifecycle delivery (experience in Agile methodology is a strong plus)
- Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels. Including strong presentation development and delivery as well as business and technical writing
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project, and for Agile practitioners competent in tools such as JIRA and/or Rally
- A history of mentoring and or coaching others with a focus on balanced feedback while effectively communicating development needs
- Experience managing project budgets, forecasts, and resources
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.