ITOM Practice, Advisory Solution Consultant at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
ServiceNow is seeking IT Transformation architects with a focus on IT, Datacenter Operations, DevOps, and enterprise architecture initiatives for service modeling, discovery, asset management, event management, cloud automation, and orchestration on the ServiceNow platform. The architect will provide strategic and technical hands-on expertise to support customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. The architect will participate in the acquisition and retention of customers by utilizing world-class technical pre-sales solution consulting techniques to communicate the power, flexibility, and ease-of-use the ServiceNow SaaS platform.
What you get to do in this role:
- Enable companies to drive innovation and efficiency in multi-contractor IT organizations
- Create and contribute to sales campaigns focused on IT Operations Management leveraging IT Datacenter technologies, DevOps and enterprise architecture initiatives with ServiceNow applications that focus on service modeling, event management, and discovery.
- Contribute and maintain a showcase of ITOM solutions created on the ServiceNow platform.
- Create and own programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of IT Operations Management on the ServiceNow platform.
- Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams on roadmap and field feedback.
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of Enterprise customer needs and performing pre demo needs analysis
- Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
- Demonstrations of the product, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers, both onsite and via webex
- Generation of product demo scripts and scenarios and maintaining demonstration environment(s)
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with prospects
- Responding to Request for Information/Proposal documents
- Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for demo and PoV/PoC
- Supporting Marketing events – user conferences, trade shows, webinars etc
- Staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
- Serve as regional team lead to lead practice activities when called upon.
- In conjunction with Sales Personnel and Professional Services, conduct transition briefing - communicate commitments, expectations etc in preparation for deployment
- Act as the ServiceNow subject matter expert at Executive briefings / marketing events
To be successful in this role you have:
- 7+ years of pre-sales solution consulting or sales engineering experience in (product specific area)
- ServiceNow IT Operations Management experience
- Federal Sales/Services/Presales Experience
- Experience in data center operations including working in a multi-contactor environment
- Experience with enterprise architecture domains
- Experience and very strong hands-on capabilities with AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration.
- Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
- Experience with service modeling techniques (TPL, TQL, etc.)
- Experience with event management platforms (Netcool, HPOM, BPPM, etc).
- Deep knowledge of service-oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access, and persistence, client/server, etc)
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc.
- Solid IT Ops experience in storage, network, and compute of enterprise environments
- Experience in installing and configuring middleware applications (Oracle, WebSphere, etc.)
- Experience with ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Pre-sales experience, IT Operations Management experience would be advantageous (Tool or process).
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
- Technical or practice team lead in previous roles
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.