Lead Business Technology Relationship Manager at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for implementing and overseeing programs for the engagement of People Technology services by business partners. Responsible for building relationships and collaboration between leaders and team members across functions. They must have the ability to identify and articulate how the capabilities of People Technology can solve business problems. This role must present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding. This position works across business lines and vendor partners in meeting business objectives and looks for common expectations across internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Drives the vision & goals for partnership, engagement and facilitation between business partners and the technology organization to investigate and fulfill People Technology needs for the enterprise.
- Recommends optimized/consistent business processes across the full value-stream.
- Plans, facilitates, captures and manages business requirements to be translated into design, development and testability in partnership with Product Owners.
- Develops in partnership with People Technology Product Owners, a business-value-based service portfolio and internalizes distinctions between services, processes, products and platforms to enable proper fulfillment assignments.
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders to enable the partnered facilitation of technology ownership.
- Act as moderator between Cyber-Security and End User Experience Teams to stage or eliminate vulnerabilities thru automation.
- Be the on-site representative for A/V project proposals and resolutions. Communicate with business and vendor representatives.
- Monitor and decision Business Technology internal customer requests for products and services.
- Provide additional secondary coverage for site leadership inquiries along with providing guidance and best practices for peers.
- Provides 24/7 primary “on call” support on a rotational basis
- Maintains hardware and software forecasts and participates in budgetary exercises
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 6+ years’ experience in the financial services sector, or related
- 6+ years’ IT Business Relationship Management, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Info Systems or related field
- SAFe (Scale Agile Framework)
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including building presentations and presenting
- Self-motivated, Self-directed
- Advanced knowledge and work experience with particular applications (ServiceNow, Tableau, Office365, Intune mobile computing).
- Knowledge or experience with PC/ MAC operating systems, applications, and PC/MAC hardware, especially as they relate to Discover business applications.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.