Lead Project Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Operational Excellence (OpEx) is how Discover is building the capabilities to reduce risk, improve efficiency, and build a sustainable Compliance Management System. The Project Manager partners with the Project Leader to develop action plans, actively manage interdependencies and ensure resource coordination for timely and quality execution. Working together as one team, the Project Manager and Project Leader identify risks and issues, conduct problem solving, escalate blockers and issue reporting. The Project Manager develops high-context relationships, is able to identify and prioritize issues based on that context, and maintains an objective view to ensure risks and issues are made visible to ensure program success.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage projects from conception through implementation. Partners with project sponsor(s) and stakeholders to define and document project objectives, scopes, goals, deliverables, required resources, work structures, development budgets, and timelines. Establishes team roles and responsibilities and communicate expectations to team members. Develops, manages, and maintains overall project plans and schedules
- Apply process improvement techniques to simplify planning and reporting processes and improve the client experience
- Provide thought leadership to company leaders to design and execute plans for an effective Compliance Management System and achieve program objectives.
- Ensure project plans are designed and maintained to reliably execute and effectively inform regulators on progress
- Provide ongoing reporting of action plan progress to management, committees, and regulators as needed; solicit feedback and implement changes to reporting to improve discussion and decision effectiveness
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Finance, Engineering, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Finance, Engineering, Business or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Finance, Engineering, Business or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Finance, Engineering, Business or related field
- Advanced with MS Office Suite and ability to quickly learn MS Project
- Experience with facilitating cross-functional teams through project planning and problem solving
- PMP, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma or similar certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.