Lead Project Manager at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for driving daily work activities for both the Business Risk Monitoring and Reporting teams, managing both BAU and project-based work from inception to implementation. Manages work streams utilizing agile concepts to ensure all work is well-defined and the team is managing demand and capacity effectively. Ensures that the final work product is high-quality, timely, audit-ready, and meets business needs.
- Helps to define and capture business requirements for all work, and helps to translate the work into smaller well-groomed user stories
- Manages all aspects of each project to ensure all procedures are followed, all documentation is completed, and all business needs are met
- Helps to define appropriate resources and/or project teams. Works with team members to ensure updates and blockers are regularly provided in Jira and discussed as necessary in the appropriate team meeting forums
- Assists with business requirements analyses. Manages project scopes, issues, and risks. Ensures change controls are executed appropriately. Helps to estimate work efforts and manages resources.
- Documents meeting agendas, action items, project plans, issue logs, change management needs, and final work product documentation. Develops and communicates project status to all stakeholders.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts, Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science, Infrastructure Technology Solutions, or related field
- Agile and/or Kanban, PMP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.