Lead Project Manager at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing projects that require cross-functional resources and operational integrations. Leads projects from inception to implementation.
- Assembles project teams. Aligns roles and responsibilities including: developers, end users, distributors and vendors. Ensures project progress is tracked and team members are logging time.
- Assists in business requirements analyses. Manages project scopes, issues and risks. Ensures change controls are executed appropriately. Estimates work efforts and manages resources.
- Documents agendas, meeting minutes, action items, project plans and issue logs. Communicates project statuses to stakeholders.
- Gathers business requirements and translates them for technology development teams. Manages all aspects of each project. Ensures project completion within deadlines and budgets and meets business requirements.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Computer Science or Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- 4+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science or Infrastructure Technology Solutions
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Computer Science or Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Computer Science or Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- Agile and/or Kanban, PMP
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!