Lead, Scrum Master
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Lead, Scrum Master
Seeking a Business Analyst / Project Manager with 3+ years’ experience to serve as a Lead Scrum Master and analyst for Discoverbank.com security initiatives within the Business Technology (BT) Digital Solutions technology area. Experience managing transactional public web site development projects is preferred. Agile methodology (Scrum) knowledge or experience is a plus, but not required.
The Lead Scrum Master will help teams self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. The Scrum Master will support and enforce the rules of the Scrum process based on SAFe. The Scrum Master also will help the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicate status to management as needed.
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership
- Supports the team rules
- Facilitate the teams progress toward team goals
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement
- Facilitate meetings
- Support the Product Owner
- Eliminate impediments
- Promote SAFe quality practices
- Builds a high-performing team
- Protects and communicates
- Coordinate inter-team cooperation / effectiveness
- Coordinate with other teams
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART ceremonies
- Support estimating
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technology related field) or equivalent
- 3+ years working in project management related role
- Competent in Agile and SAFe methodologies and ceremonies
- Background in coaching and mentoring skills on agile methodology and understand Scrum framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership qualities (guide and direct agile during daily activities)
- Certified ScrumMaster – Scrum Alliance
- Rally knowledge a plus (or similar Agile project tool)
- Professional Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.