Lead Scrum Master
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for following and promoting agile methodology and all related scrum ceremonies within an agile team. Enables the team to work as effectively as possible. Ensures impediments are resolved and the team meets sprint objectives and that releases stay on track. Coaches the team to own and continuously improve their process and practices.
Seeking a Scrum Master with 3+ years’ experience to serve as a Lead Scrum Master and analyst for Discoverbank.com security initiatives within the Business Technology (BT) Digital Solutions technology area. Experience managing transactional public web site development projects is preferred. Agile methodology (Scrum) knowledge or experience is a plus, but not required.
The Lead Scrum Master will help teams self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Lean-Agile practices. The Scrum Master will support and enforce the rules of the Scrum process based on SAFe. The Scrum Master also will help the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicate status to management as needed.
- Facilitates team activities including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning, and team retrospectives. Manages sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments. Ensures sprint releases stay on track and updates sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool. Communicates Agile team’s progress, dependencies, and impediments. Participates in program increment (PI) planning events.
- Identifies dependencies between Agile teams then communicates and resolves dependencies.
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership
- Supports the team rules
- Facilitate the teams progress toward team goals
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement
- Facilitate meetings
- Support the Product Owner
- Eliminate impediments
Promote SAFe quality practices
- Builds a high-performing team
- Protects and communicates
- Coordinate inter-team cooperation / effectiveness
- Coordinate with other teams
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART ceremonies
- Initial data gathering, analysis, cleansing and entry to streamline partnering Data Operations areas
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- Competent in Agile and SAFe methodologies and ceremonies
- Background in coaching and mentoring skills on agile methodology and understand Scrum framework
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership qualities (guide and direct agile during daily activities)
- Certified ScrumMaster – Scrum Alliance
- Jira knowledge a plus (or similar Agile project tool)
- Professional Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!