Lead Scrum Master
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for following and promoting Agile methodology and all related scrum ceremonies within an agile team. Enables the team to work as effectively as possible. Ensures impediments are resolved and the team meets sprint objectives and that releases stay on track. Coaches the team to own and continually improve their process and practices.
- Facilitates team activities, including daily stand-up meetings, grooming, sprint planning, demonstrations, release planning, and team retrospectives. Manages sprint release deliverables and proactively identifies and resolves impediments. Ensures sprint releases stay on track and updates sprint activities in Agile planning and execution tracking tool. Communicates Agile team’s progress, dependencies, and impediments. Participates in program increment (PI) planning events.
- Identifies dependencies between Agile teams then communicates and resolves dependencies.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Agile, Scrum, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Scrum Master
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.