Lead Specialist at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Lead level team members are the subject matter experts for their area or team. They oversee the workflows and day to day operation tasks of the team. They manage projects and work with a more strategic lense. They collaborate with other Leads and Manager.
- Partner with Management on the execution of real time workflow processes by overseeing and delegating effectively.
- Partner with internal teams and third-party vendors to complete menu content projects as assigned by using sound methods to plan and track work, appointments, and commitments. Be a subject matter expert in your work.
- Communicate reasonable estimates of resources needed to achieve goals or complete projects to Management and internal teams.
- Mentor team members and provide direction day to day as directed by Manager.
- Influence others. Make a case for the work you are doing and why it’s important. Influence team members by providing real-time feedback to them. Provide feedback to Management on what is working, and what can improve.
- Help team members deal with the ongoing demands of change.
- Create and dictate processes with low levels of error and misunderstanding.
- Set high goals and work doggedly to achieve them.
- Push yourself and others to reach milestones by assisting management in the administration of an incentive program.
- Evaluate progress on assigned tasks and adjust work style as needed
- Create and maintain multiple types of high quality content to support Grubhub’s restaurant partners while upholding Grubhub style standards and department policies. Help maintain training documents
You Should Have
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Ability to think critically and creatively to prioritize and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with team members
- Experience in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to escalate feedback on how to analyze and optimize processes
- Customer care, and phone experience are important; Salesforce familiarity is a plus
- 4+ years experience of relevant work in data entry, service, or operations
- People management a plus
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.