LEAN Process Improvement Project Manager
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Responsible for driving the transformation of processes and solving organizational challenges. Executes and manages projects on Lean initiatives. Conducts in-depth data analyses, including gathering data, performing root cause analyses, and generating insights. Defines innovative solutions to business problems.
- Develops relationships with key constituents necessary to deliver project results, including internal lean team, cross-functional work team, project steering committee, and support functions.
- Improves the Lean project execution methodologies. Leads internal Lean team department development.
- Collaborates with team members to understand customer and business needs. Conducts analyses of current state, drives root-cause-analyses, develops insights, identifies solutions, designs future states, and delivers solutions with sustainable results.
- Analyzes metrics that align to business operations. Creates scorecards, monitors scorecard performance, identifies and communicate gaps, identifies solutions, oversees implementation, and controls plans. Ensures solutions are maintained.
- Develops and communicates project schedules and tools. Leads updates and presentations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Operations, Technical, Quantitative, Social Science, Liberal Arts, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in process improvement in business operations, industrial engineering; internal/in-house or consulting or operational support capacity, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in managing cross-functional projects; 4+ years of process improvement in business operations, industrial engineering; internal/in-house or consulting or operational support capacity, or related
We would also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in managing cross-functional projects
- 6+ years of experience in process improvement in business operations, industrial engineering; internal/inhouse or consulting or operational support capacity, or related with some experience in financial Services and/or B2C/consumer-centric fields
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!