Learning & Organizational Development Program Manager at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm, headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade Building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. It’s been over 20 years since we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology to use in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid growth capital, operational control, trading, and e-sports, while always providing value to the customer. Throughout the years, we’ve built and operated several financial technology firms, and we continue to evolve. You’ll find a bit of everything here, and we’re always looking to take on new endeavours.
As a member of the HR Learning and Development team at PEAK6, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll work across all our different businesses and have genuine opportunities to shape the future of our HR efforts and reinforce a growing, thriving culture. We are looking for an organized, motivated individual that thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. It is essential to have a tenacious, can do attitude where you’re willing and able to “connect the dots” and help lead the team to success.
You'll be responsible for:
- Successful planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of project
- Collaborating with organization units and internal/external Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design training programs aligned with competencies and strategic learning opportunities
- Partnering with business to successfully collaborate with SMEs for content creation
- Developing a detailed project plan (includes due dates, status and responsible party) to monitor and track progress
- Prioritizing and tracking the progress of the project/portfolio against key objectives and results while monitoring progress during the iteration and proactively managing risks / blockers / impediments
- Building and using critical project documents such as reporting spreadsheets, etc. to lead and communicate key information about your projects
- Supporting team in daily stand-ups to monitor and track process.
- Effectively communicating weekly updates to Stakeholders and Executive Sponsorship team.
- Ensuring all milestones and learning objectives are met/delivered on time, within scope and budget.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 3-5 years experience in Project Management or related Agile role.
- 2-3 years of Learning and Development experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with designing learning programs based on business needs
- Strong proficiency of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Strong Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- A self-starter mindset who thrives on challenging the status quo
- The ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a fast-paced and challenging environment