Logistics Coordinator at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles- We are looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join our team to optimize Ahold Delhaize brands yield management and route planning/design process to produce a route file for Ahold Delhaize business systems to initiate the subsequent fulfillment and transportation execution processes.
What’s Our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. eCommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Optimize every order through routing software providing route design and ETA/ETD information in a dynamic route planning environment (non-standard routing).
- Optimize total truck capacity to utilize greatest percentage of available cube per the multiple styles of Peapod trucks.
- Maintain full logging on all planning adjustments including road closures, construction impact, customer stop times, etc. to produce high accuracy route plans.
- Responsible for communicating anomalies to facilities and corporate management regarding order capacity, sell-out rates, sell-rate velocity and a myriad of other items related to the customer time windows/orders being processed on Peapod.com.
- Directly manage and optimize $4.2MM annual spend of detailed slot level incentives to meet requirements of budgeted orders and commercial forecasted sales.
- Input manual data from RoadNet including GPS interpretation into Peapod business systems feeding fuller automated analytics.
- Perform ad hoc analytical tasks as requested by the Sr. Manager of Logistics and Transportation Planning including weather related impacts, truck turn compression, etc.
- Capture hourly sell rate and provide historical data to commercial team to feed decisions on Value Day, Flash Sales and other ad hoc revenue generation/order leveling initiatives.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years Transportation Planning experience
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Experience working within the eCommerce grocery delivery industry
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team centered environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- 1-2 years if RoadNet experience
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees which includes great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.