Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
Farmer’s Fridge has laid a foundation in the Midwest and is now expanding into the Northeast! This marks a huge milestone for us, and an exciting opportunity for anyone who is passionate and adventurous. The Logistics Manager will be based in our Chicago corporate office and will oversee logistics operations across the country. In this role you will be responsible for managing your team to achieve on-time and cost effective delivery to our network of Fridges while optimizing and scaling our distribution model.
The Logistics Manager will:
- Oversee local routing in every city and long-haul shipments between markets
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city-level, regional, and national levels. This will include the continued development of distribution dashboards and driver/service tech scorecards
- Review routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness monitoring logistics costs including fuel, vehicle, and driver costs
- Pilot new distribution models and develop distribution strategies that are tailored to specific markets
- Own relationships with our company logistics service providers. Monitor and record their performance, handle all claims, and source new shipping vendors
- Oversee Fridge purchasing, delivery, and installation
- Identify operational weaknesses in our distribution model and build automated, scalable processes to ensure that deliveries are made on time and in full
- Develop, maintain, and monitor systems required to meet or exceed federal, state, and local health and safety regulations
- You will contribute to, or be accountable for, the following metrics: route cost (fuel, drive time, etc), vehicle down-time, product damage/mis-ships, on-time in-full
What are we looking for in a Logistics Manager?
- 4-8 years of transportation, logistics, distribution, supply chain or other relevant operations experience
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in logistics, supply chain, engineering and/or business operations management
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and oral and written communications skills
- Ability to use technology: computers, Microsoft, iPads and G Suite
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures