M&A Integration Manager (Internal)
M&A Integration Manager (Internal)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a strong, personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you aren’t interested in being integrated into the business, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. You’ll sometimes be a “one-person show” but you’ll work with our consultants on the front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place f or you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
We are looking for a Manager with M&A transaction experience to lead West Monroe Partner’s acquisition integration function. The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience leading due diligences and executing M&A transactions. Excellent networking, organizational, and communication skills are a must. You will work closely with our Chief Administrative Officer and Strategic Growth Team to refine our M&A due diligence and integration strategy, evaluate potential transactions, and create polished deliverables and deliver presentations to senior leadership inside and outside of the firm. This is a highly visible role and a truly exciting and unique opportunity. You will be working with and presenting to the firm’s senior leadership. Your work will have a direct impact on the firm’s strategic direction, top-line growth and profitability.
What will you be doing?
* Coordinate and lead the acquisition due diligence process from Letter of Intent (LOI) through post-close integration
* Collaborate closely with the Strategic Growth Team to understand investment thesis, negotiation progress, and synergy analysis
* Identify integration needs during diligence and develop, implement, and manage integration plans across all workstreams
* Collaborate with internal Shared Services diligence workstreams (Finance & Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Information Technology, etc.), impacted Office / Practice Leadership, and various diligence partners to conduct a comprehensive due
* diligence process
* Serve as the primary liaison between West Monroe’s Shared Services workstreams and TargetCo.
* Work with Functional and Practice Leadership to align resources to integration plans
* Define, track, and communicate appropriate performance measurements to project team and stakeholders
* Prepare and provide executive level updates and communications including Due Diligence Report, materials for Board of Directors review, etc.
* Collaborate with joint leadership teams to define plans for optimizing post-close deal success including, but not limited to, employee onboarding and engagement strategy, go-to-market planning, and joint business development strategy
* Monitor and report post-close integration and synergy performance
* Develop and implement post-close performance improvement plans, if required
* Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s M&A methodologies (diligence, planning, and integration) and delivery frameworks
We need someone who can bring the following to the table:
* 8+ years’ experience leading M&A due diligence/integration or professional services (IT and process consulting) experience
* Strong cross-functional and project management leadership skills
* Executive level presence with strong interpersonal skills
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, with ability and comfort level communicating with internal and external executive management – including boards of directors
* Strong judgment and ability to creatively problem solve throughout the transaction process
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
* Strong managerial adeptness with the ability to organize people, processes, manage stress and make effective decisions involving people
* Aggressive self-starter with ability to self-manage and manage others
* Ability to build momentum on transactions and manage project timelines with extended cross-functional teams
* Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g. Finance or Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Operations Management)
* Ability to travel on short notice
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.