Manager, Asset Protection and Emergency Management Technology at Walgreens
Leads the planning, designing and implementing Asset Protection Solutions systems. Performs encoding, testing, debugging and installation activities as necessary. Evaluates company systems and equipment on the basis of ability, capacity and strategic enterprise needs. Acts as the technical liaison to the business users. Relies on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. May train team members on use of systems.
- Implements innovative processes or changes that support the goals of the function or department including, but not limited to, the development / revision and submission of guidelines and procedures to enhance the quality of service and support.
- Configures and troubleshoots hardware and software to support the operational needs of the Asset Protection Solutions department. Contributes to database query, optimization, and design activities.
- Responds to questions from customers, Company personnel, and vendors regarding technology applications and other related issues.
- Performs as liaison to internal IT resources including those dedicated to Asset Protection Solutions as well as those that intersect with major systems (for example: POS, Cash Management, SIMS [perpetual inventory], Enterprise Data Warehouse, Intercom +, Loyalty).
- Indirectly assists in the development and mentoring of staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities. Builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Drives resolution of program conflicts. Responds to calls for escalated and immediate problem resolution.
- Manages external vendor partner relationships including vendor selection process, due diligence, negotiation, service level agreement creation and monitoring, and performance management.
- Delivers ongoing training and communications to stakeholder groups in the form of presentations, written communication, interactive workshops and other forms of media.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience working with systems and technology OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 4 years of experience working with systems and technology.
- At least 2 years experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- At least 2 years experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- At least 2 years experience developing/generating reports and delivering the results to various levels of the organization.
- At least 2 years experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel that includes use of Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Vlookups, creating custom formulas and connecting to data from other sources.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA/Master's Degree
- At least 1 years experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.