Manager, EMR Technology Enablement
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
Tech Enablement Managers at VillageMD own our end users’ success in leveraging technology to drive outcomes. They collaborate across multiple teams to manage the delivery of technology across multiple projects and ensure ongoing success by continuing to identify areas for optimization. Technology Enablement Managers in Village Medical focus on enabling an outstanding primary care digital experience using optimized and proprietary technology. Our Partner Conversions program enables VillageMD to leverage our experience to create high-quality technology experiences for our partner providers through the expansion of our EMR technology, working to share our insights and strategies that we’ve spent years generating.
What are examples of work that EMR Technology Enablement Managers have done at VillageMD?
- Implemented VillageMD proprietary primary care centered technologies across multiple setting, geographies and in support of 100% of a PCP’s patient panel
- Partnered with engineers, EMR companies and practices to build and implement a first-of-its kind series of data pipelines that pass clinical, administration and financial to our common data model for 45+ EMR’s.
- Configured virtualized, secure environments that enable big data analytics that scale and have positive impact for more than 2500 PCP’s in seven states.
What will make you successful here?
- A bias for action and an understanding of how implement process to gain speed while appropriately mitigating project risk
- Strong analytical and technical skills/aptitude
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- Excellent ability to craft and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage stakeholders (internal and external)
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Work with new primary care clinics and partner providers to implement an EMR in collaboration with their team
- Build network of provider groups to collaborate on EMR strategy across multiple organizations, creating conversations around the best way to leverage the EMR
- Collaborate with our internal engineering team on products their delivering and how we can build deeper integration with our partner providers and their EMRs
- Work with leadership to create a strategy to deploy, support, and manage multiple partner provider installs concurrently
- Design project goals and success markers, determine how success will be measured and tracked, ensure projects remains on time and on budget
- Learn a ton, have a bunch of fun, and work with some very mission-oriented, motivated people.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to our new clinics to help stand up EMRs and train new teams of providers.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 2+ years of full-time experience leading projects in the EMR space, from initial implementation through the full life cycle.
- Provider training or program design experience.
- Preferred experience with data including SQL skills and healthcare data exchange (HL7, FHIR, CCDAs, etc)
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
- Experience training providers in the use of Athena EMR or other larger EMRs is a plus.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.