Manager, EPMO Process Governance & Project Portfolio Mgmt at OCC
The Manager– EPMO Process Governance and Project Portfolio Management is responsible for supporting project portfolio management and governance of both technology and non-technology projects & programs. These span the enterprise of OCC including but not limited to Financial Risk, Technology, and Security. The Manager partners effectively with Corporate Planning and EPMO Portfolio Leaders in managing the intake process and facilitating the overall portfolio governance for the prioritization, selection and optimization of the portfolio for implementation. The Manager is responsible for instilling and maintaining operational effectiveness of the overall project portfolio management processes, including reporting to leadership to enable decision making. In addition, this role manages the control environment through, but not limited to, exam management, control development and testing, and internal/external reporting in partnership with Compliance, Internal Audit, and Enterprise Risk Management.
- Partner with EPMO Leadership to build on existing portfolio and project management capabilities and support the implementation of agile capabilities in support of OCC’s evolution to a hybrid (e.g., Agile, traditional) delivery model
- Maintain the policy, processes, procedures and tools to support best in class hybrid (e.g., Agile, traditional) portfolio management
- Lead and manage the project intake process, including resource planning to drive improved decision-making ability for project selection and prioritization
- Promote and evaluate tool usage and reporting for project management
- Develop/maintain and publish portfolio level dashboard including trends and analytics impacting overall portfolio health
- Enable effective portfolio reporting using combined data from Jira, MS Project, and other tools used to support the OCC delivery model
- Operate as a primary liaison into the EPMO for compliance, internal audit, and legal to support, lead, and manage EPMO participation in regulatory examinations, internal audits, compliance reviews and management self-testing.
- Maintain and execute a quality review process to ensure ongoing compliance with all EPMO processes
- Stay current with industry best practices and promote best practices in project management, metrics, and reporting. Coordinate with EPMO and other leaders to continuously keep practices up to date.
- Provide direct supervision to a team of 3 analysts including mentoring/coaching, analyzing performance, and remediating performance issues in order to sustain a high-performance culture
- Management or leadership experience in corporate portfolio management in an organization that uses different delivery approaches (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Knowledge of both Agile and traditional (e.g., Waterfall) delivery methods and metrics
- Experience providing value-added recommendations to improve and optimize inefficiencies
- Experience with internal controls, risk assessment strategies, and audit techniques
- Ability to work independently, cross-functionally and with various levels of seniority
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously at various priority levels
- Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused amid distraction
- Competent use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Deep functional knowledge of Jira and Confluence to ensure ability to aggregate and report product/project portfolio progress
- Working knowledge of MS Project Server
- Experience with Governance and Risk & Compliance Software such as Archer a plus
- BS or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of portfolio/program/project management experience including expertise with portfolio/program/project management methodologies and tools
- Agile certification preferred