Manager, Healthcare at West Monroe
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is hiring a Consulting Manager with prior consulting project management experience to join our Healthcare and Life Sciences practice. This practice delivers business and technology solutions in the healthcare industry to both Payer and Provider organizations across focus areas including customer experience, dental, health plans, M&A, cybersecurity, and population health.
What will you be doing?
* Independently manage large, strategic engagements
* Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and Finance management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
* Report budget and finances
* Mentor and manage teams of younger consultants to deliver project on time, on budget as well as QA work done by the team.
* Understand underlying relevant technologies to be able to direct the design, development, testing, and implementation of a technical project
* Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
* Analyze each client's specific challenges, determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions
* On larger engagements, be able to work with larger management teams and determine inter-dependencies between the WMP project and other initiatives
* Oversee the overall project, with ultimate responsibility for success or failure of the engagement, specifically focused on ensuring overall client satisfaction and quality of delivery and profitability of the engagement
* Conduct and document interim client satisfaction reviews with client sponsor and project manager
* Review project deliverables for completeness and appropriateness
* Review risks and mitigation plan on a regular basis
* Identify team strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create more effective consultants
* Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
* Drive the development/enhancement of the Healthcare Practice methodologies and approaches to client delivery
* Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
* Actively monitor employee development, performance management, and training; address employee engagement issues; engage office/practice leaders and human resources as appropriate
* Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
* Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Contribute ideas and expertise for go-to-market strategy; help execute business development campaigns
What do you need to bring to the table?
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Prior consulting project leadership experience
* 7 + years of hands-on experience as a project manager leading business and technology strategy projects and full life-cycle software implementation projects
* Knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and technology transformation, custom design and development, database design, and data management
* Experience with healthcare-specific systems a plus
* Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
* Ability to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
* Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business people
* Ability to travel 60%+
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.