Manager of Implementation at SMS Assist
The Implementation Team is focused on delivering world class solutions to SMS Assist’s clients in a repeatable and scalable fashion. This role is responsible for leading the implementation team members who will execute this process and ensure that end clients are set up for success with SMS Assist. This role will have line management responsibility of up to 8 implementation specialists/project managers and will report in to the Vice President of Implementation.
• Is a central point of contact internally and externally for all matters concerning the Implementation Team. This includes representing the implementation team in client and internal meetings.
• Consistently delivers exemplary internal and external customer interactions and exhibits the world class customer service that SMS Assist strives towards.
• Creates an environment enabling team members to execute successful rollout of the implementation process for clients.
• Generates team KPI and status reporting and publishes to key stakeholders using established methods. Works with other team members to derive themes from reporting to drive continuous improvement.
• Is a point of escalation for any client or internal matters and sees issues through to resolution engaging other members of SMS Assist as needed.
• Identifies and implements improvements to the SMS Assist implementation process and helps articulate changes to the relevant audience.
• Contributes to, and promotes the use of, a centralized Knowledge Base for the Implementation Team and SMS Assist as a whole.
• Provides regular coaching, mentoring and feedback to all team members.
• Assists in defining regular performance goals to team members. Provides regular feedback to team members on both performance and behavioral activities.
• Forges relationships with other leaders within the business to help foster collaboration and enable breaking down of silos to achieve SMS Assist and client goals.
• Ability to assess Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats in people, process and systems.
• Fosters a positive team environment
• Ensures confidentiality of internal and external data
• Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• Travel requirements: Travel expected up to 20% of the time.
• Customer Service - Advanced
• Verbal Communication - Advanced
• Written Communication - Advanced
• Teamwork - Advanced
• Relationships - Proficient
• Organizational Awareness - Proficient
• Analysis - Proficient
• Problem Solving - Proficient
• Process Orientation - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
• Advanced knowledge of traditional/waterfall project management principles.
• Proficient people influencing.
• Advanced meeting management.
• Proficient understanding of software development lifecycle/methodologies.
• Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in: Microsoft Suite, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Visio.
• System Experience: Smartsheet (or similar), Bloomfire (or similar) and meeting software (e.g. Zoom) preferred.
• Has a solid understanding of the SMS Assist implementation process and understands how it can be shaped, flexed, and crafted to suit individual client needs.
• Ability to understand the current state of multiple projects and provide guidance and direction to the team when required.
People Management Skills
• Proficient in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
• Proficient in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
• Proficient in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
• Proficient in engaging a team through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
• 1-3 years in a project management related field
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Undergraduate Degree
• 0-2 years of people management experience
• PMI CAPM or PMP
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.