Manager, Market Implementation
This position is based remote and requires up to 100% travel.
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
The VillageMD Market Launch team plays a critical role in our ability to implement, support and grow new market partnerships. As a Market Launch Manager, you will have the responsibility of establishing an organizational platform around the VillageMD model of care. Alongside our provider partners, you will implement initial market workflows and infrastructure development to drive our markets’ long-term success.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Market Launch Manager at VillageMD?
- Lead team’s collaboration with practice partners to assess practice’s opportunities to inform design and implementation
- Collaborate across Market Launch team to develop a practice specific workflow to enable annual care delivery in primary care with an emphasis on identifying and supporting patients’ unmet needs
- Analyze practice panel data to deploy against and identify quality measure improvement opportunities to drive strong performance under value based contracts
- Design patient engagement strategy around chronic condition prevalence to support practice care team in delivering high quality care at a lower total cost
- Facilitate educational onboarding across core VillageMD model workstreams and implementation activities for market partner audience of providers, practice staff, and internal MSO staff
What will make you successful here?
- Prior, hands-on experience with value-based care initiatives and/or positively influencing quality outcomes is a requirement to lead market partners to success in a new healthcare paradigm
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of both autonomous and team-facilitated execution with a strong sense of personal accountability for delivering results
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to forge meaningful relationships and successfully navigate diverse stakeholder groups will be integral to success in this role
- Ability to work alongside physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to effect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results
- Proven experience performing under pressure with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Earnest interest and proven success in supporting professional development of direct reports while proactively managing their contributions to the market and business at large
What you might do in your first year?
- Own key market implementation workstreams from design through execution in a dedicated market to drive performance under value based contracts
- Identify and prioritize opportunities with data-driven analyses and thoughtful strategies that drive results early and sustain over time
- Leverage initial market experience and developed expertise to efficiently transition and support future market implementation
- Cultivate a successful internal team through professional development, ensuring team confidently and competently delivers results
- Initiate effective relationships across market partners, valuing and leveraging individual differences and talents, and driving accountability through motivation; demonstrate a sophisticated EQ.
- Transition workstream ownership by coaching local market partners in the delivery of results in value based contract performance; reinforce accountabilities aligned to the purpose and importance of our work across all market partners.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior experience in population health management ideally garnered in a provider setting or professional services environment
- Demonstrated comfort and experience scoping, initializing, and operationalizing large scale initiatives
- Superior relationship management and talent development skills
- Proven track record of working with and through others to influence desired outcomes
- Proficiency creating client-facing, executive-ready deliverables; ability to expertly articulate thoughts and concepts through written communications.
- Experience working with electronic medical records and healthcare financial and operational data and reporting is strongly preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% to VMD markets to support launch efforts