Manager, Operations Excellence Productivity & Process Analysis
Manager, Operations Excellence Productivity and Process Analysis
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking Managers to join our growing Operations Excellence Practice! These Managers will oversee and lead engagements for clients across a broad spectrum of industries including Healthcare & Life Sciences, Financial Services, Energy & Utilities, Consumer & Industrial Products, Retail and others. This role can be based in eith er Chicago, Dallas, Pittsburgh, Columbus, or New York.
Our Managers are responsible for leading teams of consultants on engagements to help clients optimize operations through process improvement, creation of standardized operating procedures, developing performance expectations & KPIs for management and front-line associates, modeling resource requirements, train/coach front line management and the implementation of Lean concepts.
Managers contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with timely and responsive services and work products.
What will you be doing?
* Project Management – executing on time, within budget & scope, and to customer’s satisfaction
* Helping to define business needs and requirements and then translating into concrete project plans and detailed client proposals
* Mentoring and leading teams of consultants to be able to keep projects on time as well as performing the technical QA of work done by the team.
* Communicating and reporting project status to client executives including budget, risks, issues, etc.
* Quickly respond to client requests to remediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
* Assisting in business development through creation of work-plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments
* Opportunity Assessment – identifying and quantifying value-added process improvement opportunities
* Project Planning – determining scope, tasks, timelines, resources and identifying issues & risks
* Process Development – developing and improving business processes using Lean, Six Sigma and Industrial Engineering methodologies
* Technology Evaluation – assessing process impacts resulting from technological changes to business systems; identifying and evaluating technologies to enable and automate processes
* Project Documentation – authoring or quality control of project documents; business cases, project setup, updates, final reports
* Communication Management – understanding of change management methods to ensure successful implementation of process changes; maintaining strong two-way communications and relationships between WMP and its clients
What do we need you to bring with you?
* Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, related engineering or business discipline; MBA or PMP are assets
* 5 -10 years of experience in consulting, engineering and/or process improvement
* Leadership skills to manage and drive successful completion of engagements
* Proficient skills and experience implementation of Lean, workflow analysis, process improvements and implementations, engineered standards development, and productivity improvements initiatives
* Project management and experience leading complex projects and project teams, change management initiatives. Effective in the development of implementation, migration and contingency plans
* Experience defining project scopes, work plans, resource plans, pricing estimates, and presentations to be able to assist in selling work to clients
* Experience with work measurement, time studies, cost-benefit analysis and process re-engineering
* Experience working in a collaborative team environment on large initiatives
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
* Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to executives
* Strong background in Excel, Access and project management tools
* Have basic understanding of financial practices to be able to create a budget as well as work with company’s finance departments on vendor negotiations, capitalizing costs, etc.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills as well as customer relations experience
* Strong decision-making skills
* Ability to report budget and finances
* Must be able to travel 60%+
Think you’ve got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.