Manager, Organizational Change Management (L&D) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is currently in search of a high-performance individual with the experience to serve as a Learning & Development (L&D) Manager in the Operations Excellence practice aligned with our Organizational Change Management (OCM) offerings. This role will focus on development and execution of L&D strategies to support our clients’ aspirations along with supporting the entrepreneurial capability to grow and thrive in an expanding consulting practice. At West Monroe, you will have the opportunity to own your own career while engaging in high impact projects.
We are looking for candidates with 8+ years of experience providing learning, instructional design, and workforce development value-add solutions in support of large-scale process and technology projects and other transformational initiatives. Additionally, we are seeking candidates that have supported Organizational Change Management functions for organizational transformations. Candidates should have experience in helping to develop and enhance supporting methodologies and tool sets, as well as integrating these with other consulting solutions (e.g., technology and industry-focused practices).
Successful candidates will have experience in the following types of activities at the Program and Project levels for complex trainings that lead to successful adoption of change:
- Finding and documenting learning and development needs, understanding audience characteristics that can affect learning, and developing tailored approaches
- Analyzing business value streams and processes, deriving and documenting cognitive and behavioral tasks, creating highly useable procedure documents (e.g. task analyses, job aids, how-to guides), and assessing learning needs
- Creating targeted, effective training strategies, plans, and curricula
- Developing robust, high-value training programs across a broad range of synchronous, asynchronous, and blended delivery methods (including e-learning capabilities)
- Creating and implementing tools and approaches for assessing cognitive, behavioral, and affective capabilities and learning outcomes
- Creating solutions to drive competency development at the individual level; promoting the skills and behaviors necessary to succeed in the future state
- Managing complex learning content development projects and tracking training development-related progress
- Coaching and developing training delivery team members on effective instructional communication, presentation, and classroom management skills
- Overseeing various training forums
- Effectively engaging senior leaders as sponsors of training
- Evaluating a broad range of learning technologies and tools to determine long-term value and learning effectiveness
- Assessing training results at multiple levels, including developing strategies for measuring business impact and return on training investments
Managers focused on learning & development and organizational change management at West Monroe have three primary responsibilities:
- Provide expert learning and development delivery skills including:
- Identification of training needs and assessment of learner personas
- Lead training strategy, planning, and implementation efforts for technology and business training needs
- Program-level training understanding around material consistency, vendor management, training standards, Learning Management Systems
- Support all aspects of change management execution including the following:
- Identify issues and risks related to organizational change and develop mitigation plans
- Lead efforts to execute change management recommendations across areas such as vision/value definition and measurement, change communication, leadership engagement, organization alignment, and change sustainment
- Ensure the readiness of the client organization(s) for a variety of changes, including new technologies, upskilling due to automation and process optimization, mergers/acquisitions, new organization strategy or other change efforts
- Manage project economics, including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Participate in and support the national team in development and enhancement of the firm’s organizational change management methodologies, tools, and other collateral
- Actively participate in thought leadership activities such as blogs, white papers, and other related efforts
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define how to align practice with office strategy and other practices
- Mentor and develop staff on the job and through formal and informal feedback
- Coach and manage consultant-level resources and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top-quality consultants
- Lead the development of proposals and other efforts related to operations excellence, L&D, and organizational change management
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for opportunities
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years of experience implementing L&D and change management solutions in support of large-scale process/technology projects and/or other transformational initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to use L&D strategies to drive business development and create meaningful change in workforce capabilities
- Mastery of multiple content development tools, with preference for Articulate Studio 360, Adobe Presenter, and Adobe Captivate
- Experience with rapid content development tools, processes, and approaches
- Strong project management background, including work plan development, scheduling, resource management, pricing/estimation, scope, issue, and risk management experience
- Demonstrated ability to articulate the business value of and ell L&D-related work to executive-level buyers
- Prior consulting from either a large/strategic consultancy or internal corporate change management group is preferred
- Demonstrated success within one or more of West Monroe core industries including Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Insurance, Consumer Products, Banking, and/or Private Equity
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications and customer relations skills
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.