Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’sStartup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
The purpose of this role is to support the growth of Home Chef’s retail business efforts, both through existing Home Chef product lines and through our support of Kroger’s deli transformation. The Retail Special Projects role will be responsible for high-impact initiatives spanning Home Chef and Kroger business lines, working closely with leadership teams at both organizations on building and enhancing the retail meals solutions portfolio.
- Manage one or more transformation efforts with Kroger
- Manage end-to-end ownership of a Kroger deli transformation initiative, such as a new product development effort or store transformation
- Develop relationships with category management teams at Kroger
- Conduct competitive benchmarking, scope project requirements, manage cross-functional efforts to complete project, and launch tangible outputs that appear in Kroger stores during 2020 calendar year
- Lead cross-functional projects within Home Chef
- Identify strategic initiatives and opportunities to grow or improve the Home Chef business
- Gather data, conduct analysis, and develop business cases to determine impact of proposed initiatives
- Manage cross-functional teams across groups such as retail, product, operations, and marketing to drive a project
- Support retail strategy and executive decision making
- Develop materials for executive update decks on the retail business
- Support decision making and provide recommendations for VP Retail, Home Chef’s executive team, and Kroger executive leadership
- Develop stage gate proposals analyzing specific initiatives
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Individuals who are strategic, data-driven, can turn data into insights and actions
- Ability to turn complex questions and issues into clear questions, analysis and results
- Able to work cross-functionally at multiple levels of an organization on priority initiatives
- 2+ years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment – consulting, finance, startup, etc.
- Skilled at developing executive-level outputs in Powerpoint and communicating findings to leadership
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets analytics capabilities
- Consulting background preferred!
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer