Manager, Sales Program Management at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a highly motivated, strategic and inspiring Program Management Leader to lead a team of Program Managers and to help shape the processes and practices that help deliver value to our internal and external stakeholders. At Sprout Social, our team of Program Managers are responsible for supporting our Sales and Success teams in strategic initiatives and for helping to solve complex problems across various disciplines.
This role will be responsible for helping the organization prioritize initiatives and resources, implementing process improvements and driving change management across the organization while leveling up the skills and abilities of their team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of people leadership and project management. This individual will partner with Sales and Success teams to identify, prioritize, deliver and measure initiatives across the organization that are designed to increase efficiency. They are an effective listener who is able to build trusted relationships. They recognize that a key to success in this role depends on an ability to influence others and deliver consistent results. If you have a passion for leading teams and implementing project management best practices, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- A minimum two years of experience in a program/project management role;
- A minimum two years of experience in a people manager role
- Proficient with JIRA
- Track record of supporting Sales and/or Sales Operations in a previous role
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- PMP or similar certification
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Strong communication and presentation abilities, both written and verbal
Within 1 month, you will:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Partner with the Director, Sales Strategy to define key success metrics for your role and how you will be measured against them
- Meet your team in 1:1’s to understand current processes and areas for opportunity
- Learn Sprout’s current approach to project and program management
Within 3 months, you will:
- Meet with leaders throughout Sales, Customer Success and Marketing organizations that share responsibility for accomplishing goals.
- Have direct management responsibility of the Sales Strategy program management team - start providing mentorship and guidance to the team, and assist them in the execution of their objectives
- Fully immerse yourself within our current programs and initiatives while developing a point of view on the most effective mechanisms for facilitating project management and documentation
- Effectively prioritize the needs of the business in order of impact and priority by reviewing the available data and running meetings with department stakeholders
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand brand, culture, KPIs, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor to your team and the company
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
- Will be fully immersed in quarterly roadmap planning and prioritization for the team based the on the key challenges and priorities of stakeholders
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate
- Have built strong departmental relationships with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Marketing and Product teams.
- Continue to develop your team, personally and professional
- Identify key areas for process improvement to ensure consistent initiation, execution and delivery of work across relevant stakeholders.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Developed process optimization, prioritization methodologies and communication standards
- By way of your involvement, the department will have matured into an efficient and strategic arm for the company.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.