Manager, Software Implementation Project Management
About The Role
The Manager, Software Implementation Project Management is responsible for the customer’s journey and lifecycle through project phase, which includes aligning all of the customer success service functions to focus on customer adoption, value, and satisfaction of our Yello software product offerings. This person manages the portfolio of customer projects and initiatives, working with our Implementation and Integration teams to ensure successful on time delivery of customer implementations. This person will manage the project management team of 3 as well as own multiple customer implementation projects. They will also act as a point of escalation for internal team members and customer resources on all Yello software implementation projects to address issues, identify and communicate risks, and coordinate with resources from different teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within scope.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Oversight for the management of projects, deliverables, milestones, resources, and tasks necessary for the on-time delivery of Yello software implementation projects.
- Own customer escalations, including proactive risk-mitigation, escalation plans, and coordination of stakeholders to resolve client issues.
- Ensure that customer status reports are provided in a timely manner which will include management of business and customer risk; and development of mitigations tactics to minimize project risks.
- Player/coach to the project management team within the Customer Success Organization; leading them to deliver projects on time and providing coaching and development to them while also managing/owning your own portfolio of customer projects.
- Become a business, product and services expert.
- Develop best practices and processes to efficiently and effectively manage the project lifecycle.
- Identify areas of improvement and work with cross-functional teams to develop internal procedures and processes to implement those improvements.
- Conduct project evaluations and create recommendations based on lessons learned.
- Identify both successful and unsuccessful project elements and establish best practices for project execution.
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS in relevant field of work or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of project management experience with a preference for work performed in a customer success environment. Preference being experience with SaaS implementations
- 3 years of people management experience
- Proven success owning customer escalations
- Experience with project tracking software (MS Project, Smartsheets, Wrike, etc.)
- Proven track record of prioritizing and balancing multiple ongoing projects at varying levels
- Proven experience working with high-performing teams and stakeholders across multiple geographies and functions.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment requiring quick decision-making ability, critical thinking, and analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated regular professional development in the field of project management or technology
- Must have strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills in order to initiate, lead, manage and conduct project activities, handle conflict resolution and drive consensus with a variety of management levels, and disciplines.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is a plus
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time