Manager, Supply Chain at West Monroe
Manager, Supply Chain
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Manager with current business and technology consulting experience to join our rapidly growing Supply Chain practice. We are seeking a candidate with five + years of supply chain experience preferably executing projects involving advanced planning & scheduling, sales & operation planning, demand planning & forecasting, inventory & supply management, s ourcing & procurement, and warehouse/transportation management, with both global 1000 and middle market clients.
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Manager with current business / technology consulting experience to join our rapidly growing team in Chicago in the Supply Chain practice.
Our practice serves an array of clients across industries and service offerings—from advising organizations on supply chain strategies to supply chain optimization technology implementation and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
As a Manager on our supply chain team you will serve our clients in several roles focused on demand planning & forecasting, sales & operation planning, inventory optimization and demand fulfillment; and will also likely play an active role leading supply chain and technology assessments, cost-to-serve analysis, supply chain and manufacturing operations strategy development, and potentially supporting Merger s & Acquisitions activities from an operations perspective. You will also support our industry vertical teams, with the primary overlaps being in Consumer and Industrial Products and Private Equity.
In addition to client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our practice culture (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
Managers in our practice at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
* Lead teams serving clients across industries, while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
* Work with engagement leadership to implement operational processes and technology that support value creation and process efficiency across operational and technical functions
* Manage project economics including: set and track project budget (e.g., estimate to complete, team utilization, etc.), create invoice manage collection process
* Mentor and manage teams of consultants and QA work done by the team
* Collaborate with local office leadership to define the office culture, strategic direction, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities in a new office environment
* Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s Supply Chain methodologies
* Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
* Identify strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create strong consultants
* Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
* Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients
* Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
* Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
* Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
* Attend networking events and business related social events
* Identify farming opportunities at existing clients
* Bachelor’s degree preferred in related discipline (e.g., Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, etc.)
* Must have experience managing existing large complex projects
* Must have experience working with external clients in a team-based professional consulting capacity
* Minimum of 5-10 years participating in business consulting and IT project based work / teams
* Minimum of 5-10 years of managing complex operational and/or IT projects / people
* Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
* Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
* Must have experience managing a variety of teams, including small engagements as well as large initiatives. Should have experience estimating project work and cost
* Must demonstrate willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for client, company and personal success
* Must have a desire and to develop new business and manage client relationships
* Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing day-to-day client relationships
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
* Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and client relationship skills
* Candidates must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
* Ability to travel 60%+ is required
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.