Manager, Tech Ops at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
The ideal candidate will take ownership of all technical project management and build relationships to drive initiatives across the Grubhub Campus organization. Understanding the need to be constantly reprioritizing the work for the team to have the largest impact to the business goals. You are keeping a close eye on the status of all our accounts and taking feedback from clients combined with data analytics to make decisions. You are curious, creative, collaborative, and work to be a little better every single day. Leveraging your exceptional leadership skills to elevate your team by developing and coaching them towards success is second nature.
- Drive projects from initiation through delivery and review, ensuring that everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Manage team projects toward monthly/quarterly goals, track and highlight risks, reach and report on KPIs to management
- Facilitate planning of projects and helping the team reach milestones along the way
- Engage with support and account management to understand pain points and offer technical solutions
- Create process to share product knowledge at scale across the team and other business units
- Serve as the highest point of escalation for our support teams, before escalating to Engineering
- Manage all bug tracking as reported by customers and internal teams, being able to communicate to Product on the scope and importance as well as back to the reporter on the status and timeline
- Provide ongoing guidance and feedback to your team members on how to improve quality and service levels, and help them grow as individuals
What You Bring to the Table
- 6+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects, resource management, and leading workflows
- 6+ years of experience working with external clients in an account management or technical support role
- 6+ years of experience with technical troubleshooting in computer networks, APIs, and data
- Proven experience as a leader and people manager; ideally 2-3 years of experience
- Interpersonal and communication skills to influence and spur change, as well as to facilitate and enhance performance within a large organization
- Strong analytical skills to collect and interpret data to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical field, or equivalent work experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.