Manager, Technical Resource & Capacity Management
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
With more than 85,000 restaurants and over 15.6 million active diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
We’re looking for an experienced, highly technical, Director of Technical Resourcing & Capacity Management to implement a successful framework to ensure resources are allocated effectively across our Technology and Product organizations. This highly collaborative role will provide transparency and accountability into our resource planning, allocation and prioritization across key technology and product initiatives to achieve our company’s goals.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Implement a resourcing framework integrated in all parts of our product development lifecycle to ensure transparency and measurable outcomes across product initiatives. Work with technology and product leaders to drive the adoption of this framework.
- Use expertise in JIRA to create performance metrics and benchmarks across teams and organizations to provide visibility in velocity and quality of development at multiple levels of the organization. Set standards to be implemented in JIRA to capture meaningful data; distribute the data and insights to product and technology leaders across the organization.
- Provide visibility into resource allocation across projects and work closely with all constituents to ensure proper prioritization of programs and projects based on business needs, resource capacity, risk exposure and interdependencies. Ensure that investments and initiatives are aligned with business strategy and priorities.
- Understand the different skill sets of our engineering staff. Work to identify skill set needs and gaps across existing and planned initiative and project work. Provide plans on how to solve resourcing gaps.
- Develop a centralized process for how we acquire and evaluate outsourced resourcing. Identify opportunities where we can augment initiatives with outsourced resources. Evaluating the cost and effectiveness of these resources and provide recommendations.
- Collaborate with Technology, Product, Finance and Recruiting to create a resourcing plan to support near and long term future product roadmap and priorities. Track recruiting progress of in-house and offshore resources to plan.
You Should Have
- 7+ years experience in strategic resource management within a technology or e-commerce organization.
- Sufficient technical background and understanding of the different skill sets / resource types within a technology organization.
- Expert in using JIRA for resource allocation, report generation, and velocity tracking.
- Experience working within a PMO with solid understanding of different software development lifecycle models and expert knowledge in agile and traditional principles.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.