Marketplace Seller Acquisition Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles:
The PDL Marketplace Seller Acquisition Manager will be the lead of Seller Acquisition and Category Management for our marketplace site. This individual will develop and manage the seller acquisition roadmap and ensure that it aligns with our company objectives. This role will also be pivotal in build our short-term and long-term category expansion plans to continue to meet our customers' demands.
What's "in-store" for the role:
- The Marketplace Manager will be responsible for the overall assortment/seller strategy of the Marketplace. This includes seller selection and category growth plans focusing on short term and long-term goals.
- Responsible for the sales, volume and commissions earned from all marketplace transactions.
- This position will be responsible for meeting a quarterly seller acquisition number to ensure our marketplace is growing to constantly meet our customer needs.
- You will define and maintain a Seller Service Level Agreement (SSLA). This will be imperative for acquiring and maintaining a seller portfolio that meets our brand standards.
- Monitor seller performance daily to ensure compliance.
- You will be responsible for tracking category/seller performance and defining new areas of focus that must be built into our existing structure.
- This position will be responsible to understand the competitive landscape and be able to incorporate category/seller expansion opportunities to defend our share.
- Monthly and annual forecasting to ensure we are meeting financial commitments.
- Utilize existing and develop new reporting techniques using our integrated platform to maximize selling opportunity to our customers
- Manage daily site maintenance to ensure clean and appropriate digital experience for our customers. This includes item maintenance, seller monitoring, inventory in-stock rates, and others.
- This position will be the SPOC for all outside sellers who have a desire to be a part of our marketplace. This position will screen all potential sellers.
- Manage recurring meetings with the brand assortment analyst team to understand trends and brand specific wins.
- Oversee and develop customer service standards and monitor interactions to reduce seller issues/concerns.
- Keeps up on competitive Marketplace trends across the industry
Key ingredients- the requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years e-commerce experience
Management of an established marketplace preferred.
Experience with Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, Target and other leading marketplace providers.
Self-motivator that can set a strategic vision and put steps in place to achieve.
Collaborative individual that works well with internal and external partners
Strong project management skills
Strong analytical skills
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.