Merchant Collections Program Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a company that offers clear and transparent financing to consumers, we are extremely diligent about ensuring that our merchant partnerships are successful for Affirm, our merchants, and most importantly, our customers! Our merchant partners encompass various industries and business models, ranging from venture-backed e-commerce startups to publicly-traded enterprises.
As the Merchant Collections Program Manager, you will lead our efforts to collect past due balances from merchant partners. You will be responsible for outreach to merchants and negotiations on payment. You will manage the loss forecasting and allocation/reserve process partnering with Merchant Analytics and Accounting teams. You will also report on Collections performance to the senior leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in merchant collections and/or underwriting. They will also have a solid understanding of merchant risk with regards to payments. Prior work experience in payments, lending, banking or financial institutions is a plus.
What you'll do
- Manage collections efforts for merchants with past due balances. Assess likelihood of loss and determine appropriate engagement and negotiations on payments.
- Collaborate with Analytics and Risk teams on improvement to our Collections strategy.
- Negotiate payments and settlements with merchants.
- Collaborate with Analytics and Accounting teams on merchant loss forecasting, allowance for losses and loss recognition.
- Work with vendors to supplement internal collections efforts.
- Provide regular reporting on Collection efforts and KPIs.
What we look for
- 3+ years of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant/Seller Risk Management, Fraud, Collections, or Merchant Underwriting. Merchant Collections experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with cross functional partners across the organization, especially Client Success and Finance.
- Experience working directly with merchants (businesses) and leading contract, payment or other negotiations.
- Ownership mentality: Demonstrate an appropriate sense of accountability, ownership, urgency and execution
- Strong program management skills