We need an exceptional program manager to scale merchant operations, support our growing business and adapt the servicing operating model based on the new or differentiated products, merchant segments and geographies. The ideal candidates will have strong business acumen and judgment with the ability to lead complex cross functional programs/projects, build new decision making frameworks, and drive continuous improvements. This role requires a strong background in project and process management to plan and implement complex operational expansion programs.
What You'll Do:
- Work in lock step with Operations leadership to identify, size, and prioritize business-critical, strategic initiatives from ideation / problem identification through to implementation and iteration.
- Building and driving compelling business cases for deeper product / technology investment in critical areas of op-identified opportunities
- Partner with product, engineering and XFN merchant-facing teams and lead cross-functional discovery and scoping sessions, amplifying critical KPIs and the voice of the merchant.
- Create project scope, schedule and budget plans and manage the team projects execution
Identify project stakeholders managing expectations through the project lifecycle
- Partner with cross-functional project leads and managers to coordinate planning and oversee dependencies to successfully operationalize programs
- Manage post-launch monitoring and ensure that the new products/merchants servicing cost and unit economics are within the expectation or in parity with the existing product lines
- Drive project governance framework such as Working Groups, Steering Committees etc to drive issue resolution and decision making
- Develop a communications plan setting out who is going to receive messages about the project, when and in what format.
- Project Risk, Issues, Actions & Dependencies including the processes for logging and tracking.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Economics, a similar degree or equivalent practical experience
- Prior project management experience (PMP is nice to have). Process management experience (lean six sigma black belt nice to have)
- Demonstrated understanding B2B support operations (technical or business), processes and systems including key metrics
- Experience managing client expectations / requirements
- Experience in services, operations and/or sales
- Prior experience in consumer lending or financial services a plus
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Excellent team player who is highly self-motivated, detailed-oriented, and enjoys learning new things
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important, clarifying next steps and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research, with certain degree of creativity and latitude
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA29
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.