National, Commercial Real Estate Representative (Restaurant / Retail)
Do you want a career and not just a job? Are you ready to make a difference and not just make a living? Do you desire to have an impact on the future of Real Estate in a world-class organization? Is it time take the dive into your next great adventure? If so, apply now as your first step towards joining one of the most dynamic & innovative teams in the business today.
McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 36,000 locations in over 100 countries. Our U.S. business includes Home office headquarters located in Chicago, IL, and ten field offices located across the country, supporting our employees, brand and more than 14,000 restaurants ran by McDonald's and our franchisees.
At McDonald's, we believe it's our mission to offer dynamic careers for a variety of business functions including, but not limited to positions working in Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Learning & Development, Marketing, Consumer Business Insights and Communications.
We believe that a career here is an opportunity for you to be the best at what you're passionate about, in a supportive, inclusive environment where you are valued and respected. We are dedicated to building a committed workplace that rewards and recognizes you for your loyal contribution and supporting you by offering growth and advancement opportunities. We believe the best people in the world work right here.
Our Corporate Home Office has an exciting opportunity for a National Real Estate Representative supporting the US markets. This position will provide you with Real Estate (RE) experience via immersion within the multiple McDonald’s Real Estate functions.
- This is a remote position; however, you should live in within one of our high growth markets (preferable close to our Chicago corporate office).
- You can expect considerable travel of over 50% depending on geographical location. The scope of the travel is the entirety of the US.
You will support the development activities for the National RE Center of Excellence (COE) and the Portfolio CEO. You will work on specific projects or initiatives under the supervision of the Nat'l RE Lead and/or Asset Manager. You will use this position an interim, dedicated to growing, building and developing your potential towards future opportunities within real estate and/or asset management.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, your principal accountabilities will include, but are not restricted to:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key partners within the Real Estate COE, Portfolio COE, Profitable Market Optimization (PMO) and Field Execution Teams (FETs)
- Establishing and supervising relationships with external vendors (i.e. brokers, developers, retailers, ISCS) that support the goals of US Restaurant Development (USRD)
- Participating in both internal and external meetings and events to gain knowledge of company initiatives and trends in the RE industry
- Working with FETs and COE members, by supporting the restaurant development planning processes of Market Studies, Asset Planning and Long-term Real-estate (LTRE)
- Gaining a complete understanding of the 5 stages of development through on the job training activities such as Rebuild/Relocation Analysis/Package assembly
- Supporting goals and objectives of the RE COE, FETs and Asset Management
Development Plan Execution
- Using technology, participate in the creation of actionable Market Plans, Asset Plans, and misc. USRD presentations
- Consulting with FETs & COEs to facilitate Trade Shows such as ICSC RECON, Oil and Airport Seminars and others
- Working with National RE Managers and Asset Managers to lean and understand all aspects of site investigation and the internal approval process through the assembling and presentation of site packages
- Reviewing, organizing and supporting Real Estate offerings and present those offerings to those in the field
- Providing additional Real Estate Support to the FETs during periods of staffing imbalances
- Through working on specific supervised new store openings, gain an understanding of steps necessary to secure all required approvals and steps for the development of McDonald’s Restaurants
- Becoming proficient at the negotiation of RE Purchase Agreements and leases by working with Asset Managers and Nat'l Real Estate Managers on assigned deals
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of corporate and/or commercial Real Estate experience OR a BA/BS degree in Real Estate (in lieu of experience)
- BA/BS degree preferred; MA/MS degree in a business or real estate function a plus
- CCIM and/or MCR certifications preferred
- Proven knowledge of Commercial RE Norms and Practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of development financial concepts, practices and theories
- High Learning orientation and self-starter
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills