Operations Excellence Manager
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
Farmer’s Fridge has laid a foundation in the Midwest and is now expanding into the Northeast! This marks a huge milestone for us, and an exciting opportunity for anyone who is passionate and adventurous.
About the role:
We are looking for an Operations Excellence Manager to build the processes and systems necessary to support our food production operations through rapid growth. This person will be accountable for optimizing the forecast/planning through fulfillment process within our production facility, and helping to design our next location. The role will have 2-3 direct reports that will spend half of their time running critical daily systems and reports, and the other half optimizing and running analysis.
This role is a part of the Strategic Initiatives team which is responsible for executing high priority strategic and ad hoc projects, incubating new areas/roles within operations, creating and refining KPIs, and spearheading expansion. The team is highly cross functional and excellent communication, collaboration, and willingness to jump into whatever is needed for the business is a must have for all members of the team.
This will be a corporate role initially based out of, and focused on, our Chicago production facility but scaling to cover multiple facilities as we grow.
In a typical week, you will:
- Manage the team responsible for daily production planning/scheduling, working to constantly improve and optimize the system
- Establish metrics and scorecards for production facility teams and communicate progress or areas of opportunity to leadership
- Identify root cause of issues leading to production or pick-pack delays or incompletes and develop action plans to prioritize and address
- Work with Ops, Data, and Engineering to improve forecast, allocation, and pick-pack systems and associated floor processes/reporting.
- Work cross functionally, and within operations, to drive understanding and support of new systems and processes (from floor operators to leadership).
- Support analysis needed for new facility design and configuration
- Execute growth plans and critical projects as the business expands nationally.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Efficiency minded, process driven, and improvement-oriented
- Strong project manager - extremely organized and detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture or ultimate goal
- Able to prioritize (and re-prioritize) in a constantly changing environment to ensure activities are aligned with company short and long term goals
- Data driven and analytical - solutions based in fact not opinion
- Openly collaborative and willing to get your hands dirty (big egos need not apply!)
- 7+ years of Operations experience, at least some of which directly supporting a business (not all consulting)
- Experience designing and implementing systems to drive business efficiency
- A degree in engineering, business, and/or operations management, and an MBA or graduate degree in related field a plus
- Experience in a high-growth environment
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows - we are a new place every quarter!
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Traditional Benefits -- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, LTD
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO policy
- Daily Fridge Credits
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Spontaneous company events and community service activities
- Work with a phenomenal team of individuals that are constantly pushing the market boundaries to offer healthy food at the utmost convenience.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below.