Operations Rotational Project Manager at Home Chef
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:27 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 15, 2022
Responsible for working on complex projects that support cost savings, operational optimization, product innovation and/or rapid growth. Manager will spend 3-6 months embedded in a department per rotation, including at least 6 months spent at a production facility in Chicago, California or Atlanta. Departments include fulfillment, logistics, customer support, food safety, and operations excellence. Successful participants will graduate to permanent position within the organization after 18 months.
Lead Scoping and execution of projects:
- When assigned a project, take the lead in working with other team members cross-functionally to establish problem statement, scope, approach, and implementation plan
- Run project from initiation to completion, or hand off to permanent team member
- As relevant to the project, work through others to achieve results, including coordinating update meetings, delegating tasks, and assigning different work-streams to different departments.
- Examples of projects could include: leading the outsourcing of processes to 3rd party manufacturers; managing the implementation of a new chat software for customer support; analyzing future capacity considering different variables; supporting the search for a new facility location; coordinating work-streams to increase safety in the plants.
Fill role in operations department:
- Some rotations may require the participant to step into the shoes of a permanent team member and execute the regular duties of their job, including balancing project work, running regular meetings, and solving problems through cross-functional collaboration.
- While embedded within a team, participate in all that team’s regular meetings and social events. This gives the opportunity to get full exposure to the way the team works, as well as to generate ideas and support the team as needed.
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills
- Experience spearheading execution on large-scale, high-impact projects
- Exceptional communication skills, with experience creating buy in with a range of stakeholders such as hourly employees, customers, suppliers, and executives
- Proactive in identifying problems and finding innovative solutions
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as exceptional attention to detailSkilled at dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical skills
- MBA, or 3-5 years of consulting and/or operations management experience
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.