Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is seeking an associate to join the Operations Strategy team in Chicago. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, self-driven candidate who is excited by the thought of developing new capabilities with operations from the ground up, and then optimizing and refining them to achieve maximum benefit. You should be comfortable jumping between data analytics, technology and daily operations.
In your role as an Operations Strategy Associate, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategies and deploying new technologies and processes to ensure Avant achieves customer service/experience objectives, with a particular focus on driving new payment capabilities. Additionally, core to the responsibility of each member of the Operations Strategy team is to continually challenge the status quo to ensure optimization of all processes that support the full customer life-cycle - your work will have a direct impact on the bottom line of the business.
What you do at Avant:
- Manage initiatives that focus on new projects and process optimization; Initiatives will require end-to-end execution from initial assessment through recommendation and implementation.
- Identify opportunities for automation and system improvements.
- Coordinate with department leaders and business stakeholders to better understand objectives to ensure that operational processes align with product and business goals.
- Own and/or oversee the execution and ongoing management of strategic deliverables.
- Build and/or maintain operational dashboards and reporting suite to track, manage, and provide valuable insights on metrics and KPIs.
- Author and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with driving new projects, balancing business needs vs. technical constraints, and coordinating across cross-functional teams.
- Experience with process improvement, management consulting, and/or analytics required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to present findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and/or corresponding Google applications.
- Prior programming experience in Python and/or SQL preferred.
- Financial services experience preferred, particularly in the area of payment processing.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.